Salad: Two Ways
1. Finnish Inspired Beet Salad
- 4 cups spring mix (arugula, spinach, or chopped lettuce also work)
- 1 cup Finnish beet salad (rosolli)
- 1 cup mango (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup red and/or green onion (thinly sliced)
- green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or slivered almonds
- 8 tbsp salad dressing of choice (plain kefir and pumpkin seed oil is an excellent alternative)
- 1 tbsp + tsp Mighty Cricket Protein Powder
- Prepare beet salad (or plain beets) ahead of time.
- Wash and slice all vegetables and fruit.
- In a small bowl, mix Mighty Cricket Protein Powder into salad dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or four individual bowls) layer spring mix, vegetables, mango, seeds/nuts, dressing, and beet salad.
2. Simple Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 4 cups spring mix (or leafy greens of choice)
- 1 cup colorful cherry/grape tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 cup small Persian cucumbers (sliced)
- 8 tbsp salad dressing of choice
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Mighty Cricket Protein Powder
- Wash and slice tomatoes and cucumbers.
- In a large bowl or four individual bowls, layer spring mix, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- In a separate bowl, mix salad dressing with Mighty Cricket Protein powder.
- Drizzle dressing on top or serve on the side.
Created by: Jolee Keplinger