Iron-Rich Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (unsweetened almond milk works well)
- Up to 1 tbsp cricket powder
- 1/2 cup banana slices, berries, and/or dried fruit
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, nuts, any nut/seed butter and/or coconut flakes
- 1-2 tsp Morninga leaf powder
Optional Flavor Enhancing Toppings
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Honey, maple syrup, or jam
- Cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, and/or maca powder
- Place oatmeal and chia seeds in a glass container and cover with milk. Mix well, cover, and place in fridge overnight. Pyrex-style glass bowls with lids work well because they can go straight into the microwave (lid removed).
- After at least 6 hours have passed, the oats and chia seeds should have absorbed most of the milk. If it’s too thick, stir in additional milk.
- If you would like the pudding warm, heat on the stovetop for a few minutes or microwave 1 to 1 and 1/2 minutes.
- Add fruit and desired toppings.
- If it isn't sweet enough, add a bit of honey, maple syrup, or jam.