MIGHTY Mashed Potatoes
Move over meat & potatoes! Now is the time to try something new. This recipe is a great way to turn a simple side dish into one that is nutritious and higher in protein.
Personal Potato Bowl
- 1 cooked potato (baked or boiled)
- 4 tbsp sauce or oil (such as yogurt, kefir, olive oil, gravy, etc.)
- 1 tbsp Mighty Cricket Protein Powder
- Your favorite seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup precooked sautéed onions
- 1/4 gravy or sauce of choice
- Cook or reheat one potato (with our without skin).
- Add sauce or oil of choice. Mash the potato and sauce with a fork until well combined.
- Reheat sautéed onions and top with potato mixture.
- Season to taste with your favorite blend, and top with sauce or gravy.
Slovenian Inspired Version
- Prepare recipe according to instructions above.
- For the sauce, combine the 3 tbsp of European (thin) yogurt, 1 tbsp pumpkin seed oil.
- Sprinkle roasted pumpkin seeds on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Finish with a drizzle with pumpkin seed oil.
Meal Prep Recommendation
- Cook seven potatoes at once and store in the refrigerator to enjoy throughout the week. This allows you to easily create a new potato bowl every day of the week.
- Replace the potato with one serving of mashed cauliflower. A great option can be found at Trader Joe's in the frozen section.
Recipe created by: Jolee Keplinger