Hoppin' Quinoa Black Bean Tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 14oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup 100% Pure Mighty Cricket Powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded lettuce, cheese, and salsa for serving
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and stir 15 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes, quinoa, chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil then simmer to cook quinoa through.
- Stir in Mighty Cricket Powder, corn and black beans. Heat through.
- Mix in cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in tortillas with desired toppings.