Mighty Banana Bread
Everyone loves banana bread, but now you can enjoy it with a delicious dose of nutty protein. This one is a Mighty Cricket team favorite!
Our recipe is inspired by this banana bread recipe from David Lebovitz. We just added our cricket powder!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup 100% Pure Cricket Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup banana puree, made from 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp liquid espresso, cooled to room temperature (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, or 1/4 cup roasted cocoa nibs, or 2/3 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Butter a 9 inch loaf pan and line bottom with parchment paper
- Put the flour, cricket powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk together. Whisk in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg white, egg, banana puree, sour cream, vanilla, and espresso.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredient mixture and use a spatula to stir in the wet ingredients. Add in any chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, or nuts you choose to use, but don't overmix. Stop mixing when all traces of flour are gone.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and have it come out clean.
- Cool banana bread on a cooling rack before removing it from the pan.