1 bag frozen riced cauliflower (340 grams)
2 tbsp + 2 tsp flour (used plantain flour)
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 eggs (preferably local & free-range)
Pinch of sea salt
Everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Microwave riced cauliflower for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam it in a medium pot for 7-10 minutes over medium heat (covered).
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, mix in the chia seeds, flour, and Mighty Cricket Protein Powder.
- Next, stir in the eggs and pinch of salt.
- Spray the the pan with non-stick spray. (You can use a donut pan or regular sheet pan.)
- Divide the mixture to make 8 bagel halves. If using a sheet pan, form bagels. (Make sure the mixture is compacted.)
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Flip the bagels and spray with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 5 more minutes so they will brown on the other side.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing.
- Top with your favorite toppings (such as cricket-infused cream cheese, avocado, or Mighty Hummus.)
You can store the bagels in the fridge up to five days and toast to reheat.
Created By: Jolee Keplinger