- 200 grams (about 1 cup) mature sourdough starter (100% hydration)
- 1/8 cup (15g) cricket powder
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons (18g) rye flour*
- 3 tablespoons (32g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs de Provence (If yours is light on dried lavender flowers, feel free to add 1/4 T. more)
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Maldon flake salt, for topping (Variation: Smoked Maldon flake salt)
1. In a bowl, combine sourdough starter with flours, olive oil, herbs, sesame seeds, and salt. Mix to combine, kneading until the dough comes together in a smooth ball.
6. Lay out two oblongs of dough side by side (not overlapping) on each baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown and crispy, rotating the pans top to bottom and back to front part way through baking.
10. Crackers will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
*While recipe calls for a mix of AP, whole wheat, and rye flours, you can use any blend you like so long as the total flour weight stays the same. For example, if you leave out the rye flour just add an additional 12g of whole wheat instead.
- Created By: Cheryl Preyer