Try this healthier twist on your favorite Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies) Recipe. We swap half of the powdered sugar coating with corn starch to get that beautiful white coating with only half of the sugar. (No one would ever guess!)
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut, almond, or sunflower butter
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, or Shredded Wheat cereal
- 1/2 cup 100% Pure Cricket Protein Powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup corn starch
- Melt chocolate and butter together, either on the stovetop or in the microwave. Be careful not to burn! If using the microwave, start at 30 seconds, stir, then microwave at 15 second increments, stirring between each.
- Add 3 cups of cereal to a large bowl. Pour a third of the chocolate/butter mixture over the cereal. Add another 3 cups of cereal to bowl. Repeat alternating cereal and chocolate mixture until both ingredients are all added.
- Stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine Mighty Cricket Protein Powder, powdered sugar, and corn starch.
- Add 1 cup of powder mixture to bowl of chocolate cereal. Mix until combined.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add more powder mixture 1/4 cup at a time until cereal is evenly coated.
- Store in an airtight container. Best kept refrigerated.