Chocolate Chirp Cookies
Get your friends and family hooked on crickets with these decadent chocolate chirp cookies. The Cricket Protein Powder infuses these cookies with a deliciously nutty flavor. They will be gone in a flash!
Prep time: 2+ hour (for chilling) Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (~104g) 100% Pure Cricket Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- coarse sea salt (optional)
- Place melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and Mighty Cricket Powder. Mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together, scraping the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.