Carrot Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, low sugar)
With over 5 grams of protein per muffin and just 4 grams of sugar from honey, this high protein carrot zucchini muffin recipe provides a filling breakfast or snack that will keep you full longer.
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup 100% Pure Cricket Protein Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (i.e. avocado)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 1/4 cup zucchini, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours, protein powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, honey and vanilla extract. Stir in carrot and zucchini.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups. Add about 1/4 cup batter to each cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until middle is just set.
- Remove from oven slightly before done and let cool a few minutes in muffin tin - muffins will continue to cook in hot pan.
- Once muffins have firmed, remove and place on cooling rack to finish cooling. Store in air tight container or freeze.