Bacon Pecan Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup reserved bacon drippings
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I like Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1/4 cup Mighty Cricket cricket flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sour cherries (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Spray the 8x8 square baking pan with gluten-free non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, add melted butter, pure vanilla extract, granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until fully combined.
Add in eggs one at a time and mix until fully combined.
In a medium-sized bowl combine gluten-free flour, cricket flour, xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it), cocoa powder, and baking soda. Whisk together.
Slowly add the gluten-free flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined and smooth.
Pour the brownie batter to 8x8 sized baking pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. The sides of the brownies with start to pull away from the pan. Please watch your brownies because all ovens are different.
Remove brownies and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container.
Submission by: Allison Jack
Recipe adapted from: https://www.